A myristic acid is a form of fatty acid derived from coconut oil, palm oil, butter, and many other food items. It is mainly included as a surfactant and emulsifier in the cosmetic industry. It stabilizes the formulas and prevents oils and water from separating. Natural Myristic Acid is also preferred as a thickener in skin care and cosmetic applications.
It comes in the form of white crystals that are pale yellow or white. Soaps, home cleaners, and many other cleaning products contain it due to its cleansing properties. Myristic Acid improves the delivery of ingredients to the skin as it is highly absorbed by your skin pores. As it is a natural ingredient, it is safe to use in cosmetic products and suits most skin types.
Organic Myristic Fatty Acid is incorporated as a conditioning ingredient in hair care applications like shampoos and conditioners. Its ability to hydrate the skin makes it a popular ingredient among manufacturers of skincare applications. Many cosmetic products contain it as a fragrance stabilizer and opacifying agent. It is preferred to treat skin issues like acne and pimples as well. It also exhibits foaming properties and works as a skin conditioner too.
Table of Contents
Myristic Acid Benefits
- Hydrating Skin: Moisturizing effects of myristic acid enable makers of moisturizers to use it in their products. It also hydrates hair and maintains the natural softness and texture of hair follicles. It conditions skin and helps to preserve its youthfulness.
- Clears Skin: Controlling excess oil production in the pores, myristic acid clears skin. It clears pimples and acne from your face and also gives it a youthful glow. Dry and rough skin is treated with help of this fatty acid.
- Nourishes Hair: Nourishes scalp and hair naturally. Myristic acid improves blood flow in the scalp region and promotes the growth of hair. It also strengthens hair follicles and slows down the process of hair fall. It is added to hair care products like shampoos and hair oils.
- Prevents Acne and Oily Skin: Myristic acid is a wonderful component for oily skin, notably if you suffer from breakouts. It aids in the reduction of excess oil and the prevention of pore blockage, which contributes to acne outbreaks. This component maintains the skin’s top layer freshly exfoliated, which is also important for maintaining smooth and balanced skin.
- Makes Skin Soft & Supple: Myristic acid is an excellent component for persons with dry or flaky skin for the reason that it is an emollient that softens and smoothes dry skin, It also functions as a natural moisturizer that helps in nourishing and nurturing parched skin and making it appear healthy, youthful and glowing.
Myristic Acid Uses
- Face cleansers: Cleanses away dirt, oil, and other toxins from the surface of your skin. Natural myristic acid is added to face cleansers, face washes, face scrubs, face masks, peel of masks, and other products that cleanse the skin.
- Conditioners: The conditioning properties of myristic acid are added to hair conditioners. It helps to maintain the texture of hair and increase its thickness and shine naturally. It also nourishes your hair and repairs damaged and dry hair.
- Soaps: Incorporated into soaps and detergents due to foaming effects. Myristic acid also enhances the hardness of soaps and enables the creation of fluffy lather applied to the skin. It improves cleaning action of soaps and detergents effectively.
- Anti-aging formulas: Anti-aging solutions prefer using myristic fatty acid as primary ingredients. It works against fine lines and dark spots but is specifically effective against wrinkles. Best anti-wrinkle creams and lotions contain it as an important component.
- Shaving products: Myristic Acid is incorporated in after-shave lotions, shaving creams, and personal care products due to foaming ability. It maintains texture and stabilizes these products. It is also added due to its fixative properties.
- Sunscreen: The ability of myristic acid to protect skin is utilized in sun protection creams and sunscreen lotions. It possesses photo-aging properties that defend the complexion of skin from harsh sunlight, dust, dirt, and environmental toxins.